Port Antonio Sightseeing and Cultural Tour from Port Antonio
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Port Antonio, Portland
- Product code: PGEFGN
Plan a cultural and historic sightseeing visit to the town of Port Antonio in the scenic tropical countryside of Portland. Enjoy the tropical bliss of the small town with some sightseeing and immersing yourself in the rich history of or the Jamaican Culture!
- Hotel/Port pick up & drop off
- Scenic drive into the Port Antonio countryside
- Enjoy the Historical Sights at the Folly Ruins, the old Titchfield hotel now Titchfield high school, and Blue Lagoon
- Complimentary lunch stop (Meals not included)
Your cultural journey starts with your pick up at your hotel lobby or the cruise terminal and you are driven in comfort on a scenic roadway to the various points of interest including old colonial homes, forts, Boston and the famous Blue Lagoon.
Along the way, your sightseeing journey will take you on a highlight tour of the town of Port Antonio which burst onto the international stage as the banana capital of the world in the 19th Century. Although the banana trade waned in the early decades of the new century, this charming town was soon rediscovered and glamorized by the Hollywood stars of the 1940s and 50s. Still frequented by movie stars and visitors looking for a quiet escape, the Port Antonio of today is a low-key, peaceful spot, cradled by nature’s beauty. In and around the town center, elegant old colonial buildings beckon, silently reminding us of the town’s celebrated history. Enjoy your tour as you make stops at the Folly Ruins, the old Titchfield Hotel now Titchfield high school, and Blue Lagoon learning about the history and local culture with plenty of photo opportunities.
Relax and enjoy the sun-kissed scenery at the beautiful Blue Lagoon. Made popular by the Brooke Shields’ movie, "The Blue Lagoon", this aquatic paradise is a mix of freshwater and saltwater, as the lagoon is open to the sea and fed by freshwater springs. Take a swim and you will notice the alternating temperatures (the warmth of the Caribbean Sea and the icy cold waters of the underground streams), an experience to remember.
To wrap up your experience, have a lunch (meals and drinks not included) at one of Jamaica's famous jerk areas, "Boston", enjoying the delicious jerk chicken or pork meal with an ice-cold Red Stripe beer or tropical fruit drinks before heading back to your hotel or cruise ship with a heart filled with Jamaica!
- Hotel/Port Pick-up and Drop-off
- Sightseeing Tour of Port Antonio
- Professional Driver/Guide
- Complimentary Bottle of Water
- Meals and Drinks
- Gratuity (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 2 Adults per reservation
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Bring a towel and cash for meals and drinks.
- Dress code is smart casual, wear swimwear with your clothes and water shoes
- Not Wheelchair accessible