Rio Grande Rafting Tour from Kingston
- Duration : 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Kingston, St. Andrew
- Product code : PBPV1T
Visit the cradle of tourism in Jamaica, the home of “NATURALLY”, Port Antonio. Relax and let the natural beauty along the river banks bring peace to your mind and body.
- Private Hotel/Port pick up & drop off
- Scenic Bamboo Rafting Experience on the Rio Grande
- Scenic drive through the countryside from Kingston to Portland
- Complementary lunch stop (Meals not included)
Rafting down the Rio Grande is another exciting outing, and is said to have been started by Errol Flynn. Rio Grande Rafting offer 6 mile (10km) cruises on bamboo rafts for two, poled by expert raftsmen through spectacular scenery. The trip can take between two and three hours.
In the 1940s, Port Antonio's most notorious resident, movie idol Errol Flynn, arrived and began organising raft races. The Earl of Mansfield later built the landing site, shops and restaurant at Rafters Rest.
About 150 rafters operate on the river, and they follow the route traditionally taken by the Maroons, and later used to transport bananas to the sea. The Rafters Pavilion is at Rafters Rest at the mouth of the river and was built by the Earl of Mansfield.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional driver and guide
- Rafting fees
- Local taxes
- Meals and Drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual
- It is recommended that you bring cash, a camera, towels, water shoes, towel, sunscreen and a swimsuit
- Not Wheelchair accessible
- Group Specials available for groups of 21 or more persons, click contact us option to your right to make your request.