Rio Grande Rafting, Blue Lagoon and Port Antonio Sightseeing Tour from Kingston
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Kingston, St. Andrew
- Product code: PR1SYU
Visit the cradle of tourism in Jamaica, the home of “NATURALLY”, Port Antonio. Relax and let the natural beauty of the Blue Lagoon and Rio Grande bring peace to your mind and body.
- Private Hotel/Port pick up & drop off
- Scenic Tour of Portland with visits to Rio Grande River and the Blue Lagoon
- Scenic drive through the countryside from Kingston to Portland
- Complimentary lunch stop (Meals not included)
Your Rio Grande and Blue Lagoon adventure starts with your pickup at your hotel lobby and you are driven in comfort on a scenic roadway to the beautiful parish of Portland, Jamaica.
Your first stop in Port Antonio will have you doing the famous Rafting down the Rio Grande, another exciting outing and is said to have been started by Errol Flynn. Rio Grande Rafting offers a 6 miles (10km) cruise on bamboo rafts for two, poled by expert raftsmen through spectacular scenery. The trip can take between two and three hours and follows the route traditionally taken by the Maroons and later used to transport bananas to the sea.
Next is the beautiful Blue Lagoon, where you will enjoy rustic nature at its best. The water in the Blue Lagoon is a mix of fresh water and salt water, as the lagoon is open to the sea and fed by freshwater springs. If you decide to take a dip in the lagoon, you’ll notice the alternating temperatures (the warmth of the Caribbean Sea and the icy cold waters of the underground streams), which is quite an experience. You can also enjoy a short boat tour (additional cost) on the lagoon or to Monkey Island with the local boatmen. IMPORTANT: Boat tours at the Blue Lagoon are not operated by El Sol Vida and customers who decide to participate in this activity do so at their own discretion.
Before heading to Frenchmans Cove, have a lunch (meals and drinks not included) at one of the local eateries, enjoying the delicious meal with an ice cold Red Stripe beer or tropical fruit drink.
Once done with lunch, its time to relax on the beautiful beach at Frenchmans Cove. What makes this beach so unique is the amazing river that meets the ocean – such a sight to see! The sand is soft and white and the water is crystal clear. You can choose to swim in the very calm river or the ocean experiencing it all before enjoying a relaxing drive back to your hotel with a heart filled with Jamaica!
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional driver and guide
- Rafting Admission
- Beach Admission
- All Local Government Taxes
- Meals and Drinks
- Boat Tour at Blue Lagoon (Approx. US$20.00 per person)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual
- It is recommended that you bring cash, a camera, towels, water shoes, sunscreen and a swimsuit
- Not Wheelchair accessible