Trinidad Adventure Hikes from Port of Spain
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Port of Spain, Port of Spain, Trinidad
- Product code: PSPNZB
Requirements: Sturdy hiking boots, insect repellant, change of clothing. Water provided upon start of tourHike along the Northern Range and explore the vast forest lands and waters that flow through it. Use your newfound hiking skills to discover something never seen before in these parts.
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- Experience a breathtaking hike through the rugged terrain of the land.
- Family Friendly
We can arrange a wide variety of hikes to waterfalls, caves, gorges etc. according to your physical condition (easy, moderate and difficult) and taste. Details on request.
Option 1: Easy hike to gorgeous waterfall
A two hour drive along the scenic North Coast past Maracas & Blanchisseuse will bring you to the starting point of our hike: a tiny village in the remote rainforest.
The Hike is easy & beautiful and takes approx.3/4 hour one way. You will hike along and inside a shallow river to the most amazing waterfall of approx.. 65 ft, with a large plunge pool (see photo) for bathing. After some relaxing time and a nice head-massage from the falls you return to the base. Then you then drive to popular Maracas Beach for a delicious Bake & Shark sandwich (incl. in cost) and another swim (optional).
Option 2: Moderate to challenging hike to Paria Waterfall
With this option, you will drive along the scenic North Coast road passing Maracas Beach to Blanchisseuse.
This amazingly beautiful scenic coastal hike will take approx. 3 hours one way and is one of our most popular hikes. The distance is large in length, but the terrain is along open trails with forest and sea views. You stop at secluded Paria Beach (only reachable by boat/hiking). A fifteen-minute hike along a river path will then lead us to one of the country’s best waterfalls. At the base, there is a spacious plunge pool ideal for bathing and swimming. The adventurous will relish at the challenge of swimming against the current to go under the falls where there is a backdrop.
Other moderate to challenging hikes: Angel, Zorro, Rincon and Rio-Seco Waterfalls. Three Pools easy hike. Tamana Bat Cave (see bats fly out at dusk). Brasso Seco Village to experience organic Cocoa Estate.
At the end of your tour, enjoy a comfortable ride back to your hotel with a heart filled with Trinidad and Tobago!
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off - Shared
- Bottled Water
- Well Appointed Air-conditioned Vehicle
- Meals and Drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Requirements: Sturdy hiking boots, insect repellant, change of clothing. Water provided upon the start of the tour
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain.
- Not Wheelchair accessible
- Always remember to confirm pick up and drop off times at least 24 hours before the reservation and please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.