Puerto Rico Cueva Ventana Arecibo and Cueva del Indio Cave Adventure Tour
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Product code: PGQVBJ
This half day tour consists of a visit to Cueva Ventana and Cueva del Indio with a lunch break in between.
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- Scenic drive into the countryside
- Explore the inside of the magnificent Cueva Ventana and Cueva del Indio caves
Your half-day hiking adventure starts with your pickup at your hotel lobby and you are driven in comfort on a scenic roadway to the Cueva Ventana cave. This half-day tour consists of a visit to Cueva Ventana and Cueva del Indio with a lunch break in between.
Cueva Ventana was certified by the PR Tourism Company as an eco-tourist attraction for its environmental conservation practices. This tour includes a visit to the facilities with two caves, a walk through the forest and the view of the cave towards the valley. In the grounds, we will be exposed to 100 species of native and exotic trees. The place is home to a great diversity of animals and endemic species just to Puerto Rico. In the cave, we can see pictographs of our aborigines and petroglyphs with face formations. You’ll be impressed to see the communities of different species of bats along with one of the best scenic views of Puerto Rico. At the end of the tour, we will see a canyon, valley, the big river of Arecibo and the highest peak in Puerto Rico. Here you will learn why the cave is called Cueva Ventana or “Window Cave”. Then we’ll stop for an authentic Puerto Rican lunch break before heading out to the next cave.
Once we arrive at the site of Cueva del Indio, we will hike up an uneven terrain in order to see a bird’s eye view of the Cueva del Indio. We will also enjoy the view of the arches. The reserve has about 8 arches formed by dunes cemented which captivate us with its scenic view and the Atlantic Ocean. We can also see the 350-foot statue of Christopher Columbus, one of the tallest statues in the Americas.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- All Admission Fees
- Well-appointed air-conditioned vehicles
- Meals and Drinks
- Gratuity (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not suitable for pregnant women or persons with back problems
- Dress code is smart casual, hiking boots/sneakers
- Not Wheelchair accessible
- Group Specials available for groups of 15 or more persons