Vieques Bio Bay Kayak Tour from Fajardo, Puerto Rico
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Product code: PJUL6H
Take a ferry boat ride to Vieques Island home of the brightest and best protected Bioluminescent Bay.
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- Scenic ferry ride
- See the magic glow of this Bioluminescent Bay
Your Bio Bay Vieques Kayak adventure starts with your pickup at your hotel lobby. This is the only Bio Bay Vieques Kayak tour that will take you from the mainland out to Vieques Mosquito Bay and have you back at your hotel by midnight!
You are then taken by ferry to the world famous 'Mosquito Bay' in Vieques, the home of the Pyrodinium Bahemense, the single-celled organism responsible for this amazing magic glow. Here, the water shines like an aqua blue glowing cloud on this once in a lifetime experience.
The Vieques Bay is undoubtedly the healthiest and best example of a bioluminescent bay in the world. This concentration is so great that if you splash the water it will cause them to emit enough light you could read a print on a book in the dead of the night. If you dip your hands in the water, it will drip crystals of light like tiny sparkling jewels.
This Bio Bay must be seen to be believed!
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- All Admission Fees
- Well-appointed air-conditioned vehicles
- Ferry ride
- Sandwich, Water or Soda
- Gratuity (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Ages 5 years and up
- Pregnant women beyond their 5 months, people with epilepsy, back problems, recently undergone surgery, or have a heart condition not recommended
- Dress code is smart casual, wear swimwear under your clothes, bring a towel and water shoes/flip flops, mosquito repellant
- Not Wheelchair accessible
- Group Specials available for groups of 15 or more persons