Devon House Ice-cream & Shopping Tour from Port Royal Cruise Port
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Kingston, Jamaica
- Product code: PZGM1J
Plan a visit to the Devon House in the scenic city of Kingston. This heritage tour takes you into the life of Jamaica's first black millionaire and his legacy.
- Port pick up & drop off
- Historic Tour of the Devon Great House
- Shopping in the Devon House courtyard shops
Your Devon House experience begins with your pick-up from the cruise port and you are driven in comfort through the city to one of Kingston's highly visited historical landmarks.
The Devon House Mansion is the architectural dream of Jamaica’s first black millionaire George Stiebel. Stiebel was among three wealthy Jamaicans who constructed elaborate homes during the late 19th century at the corner of Trafalgar Road and Hope Road, which fittingly became known as the Millionaires Corner. Although the other homes were eventually demolished to make way for modern development ventures, Stiebel’s legacy lives on within the beautifully maintained Devon House - a national monument declared in 1990 by the Jamaica National Heritage Trust. The guided tours inside the 2 story property allow each guest to peruse the louvered balconies, Venetian crystal chandeliers, silk wall hangings and period reproductions of its time, and at the end of the Mansion tour, each guest receives a sweet surprise!
At the end of your mansion tour, take the time to view the courtyard shops for a bit of shopping before returning to your vehicle for a comfortable drive back to the cruise port.
- Port pick up and drop off
- All Admission Fees
- Well-appointed private air-conditioned vehicles
- English Speaking Driver/Guide
- Meals and Drinks
- Gratuity (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual, wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not Wheelchair accessible