Devon House & Ice Cream from Kingston
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Devon House
- Product code: PD15CC
Plan a visit to the Devon House in the scenic city of Kingston. This heritage tour take you into the life of Jamaica's first black millionaire and his legacy.
- Hotel/port pick up & drop off
- Historic Tour of the Devon Great House
- Shopping in the Devon House courtyard shops
One of Kingston's highly visited historical landmarks, The Devon House Mansion is the architectural dream of Jamaica’s first black millionaire George Stiebel. Stiebel was among three wealthy Jamaicans who constructed elaborate homes during the late 19th century at the corner of Trafalgar Road and Hope Road, which fittingly became known as the Millionaires Corner. Although the other homes were eventually demolished to make way for modern development ventures, Stiebel’s legacy lives on within the beautifully maintained Devon House - a national monument declared in 1990 by the Jamaica National Heritage Trust. Many would be surprised, however, to learn that the early history of Devon House dates back to the mid seventeenth century when Britain captured Jamaica from Spain.
Today, one can still find this piece of Jamaica's history in the heart of Kingston with its welcoming ornate fountains, and palm trees on the front lawn. The guided tours inside the 2 story property allows each guest to peruse the lourved balconies, Venetian crystal chandeliers, silk wall hangings and period reproductions of its time, and at the end of the Mansion tour each guest receives a sweet surprise!
- Hotel/Port pick up and drop off
- All Admission Fees
- Well-appointed Private air-conditioned vehicles
- Meals and Drinks
- Gratuity (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 2 Adults per reservation
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual, wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not Wheelchair accessible
- Group Specials available for groups of 21 or more persons, click contact us option to your right to make your request.