Appleton Estate Rum Tour from Negril
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Negril
- Product code: PZRCXK
- Guided tour of one of Jamaica’s best — and oldest — rum distilleries
- See the tools of the trade, from the copper pot stills to the aging barrels
- Learn about the fermentation process of sugar cane, yeast, and water from the estate grounds
- Sample 10 different rums and receive your own bottle as a souvenir
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
After pickup from your hotel in Negril, your tour to Appleton Estate starts with the approximate 2-hour drive east along the south coast of Jamaica and into the Nassau Valley in St Elizabeth, where the estate has been making rum since 1749.
When you arrive, your 45-minute guided tour will begin. Visit the distillery to see Appleton's copper pot stills, which give the rum a distinctive flavor, and take a look inside the aging house, where the rum sits in oak barrels, some for up to 30 years.
Learn about the prestigious history of Appleton Estate, one of the oldest distilleries in Jamaica, and hear about its fermentation process, during which sugar cane molasses and a special yeast culture combine with water that has been filtered naturally by limestone to create Appleton’s much-loved flavor.
Next, it’s time for samples! In addition to 10 different types of Jamaican rum, try a bit of freshly pressed cane juice. Then spend a little time browsing the gift shop for souvenirs (perhaps an exclusive bottle of Appleton Estate rum that’s only sold in Jamaica?) before boarding your bus back to Negril.
- Hotel/Port pick up and drop off
- Admission Fee
- Rum Tasting
- Well-appointed air-conditioned vehicles
- Meals and Drinks
- Gratuity (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 2 Adults per reservation
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Dress code is smart casual, wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not Wheelchair accessible