Devon House Heritage Tour with Ice-Cream from Runaway Bay
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Runaway Bay, Jamaica
- Product code: PTX75S
Plan a visit to the Devon House in the scenic city of Kingston. This heritage tour takes you into the life of Jamaica's first black millionaire and his legacy.
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Historic Tour of the Devon Great House
- Shopping in the Devon House courtyard shops
One of Kingston's highly visited historical landmarks, The Devon House Mansion is the architectural dream of Jamaica’s first black millionaire George Stiebel. Stiebel was among three wealthy Jamaicans who constructed elaborate homes during the late 19th century at the corner of Trafalgar Road and Hope Road, which fittingly became known as the Millionaires Corner. Although the other homes were eventually demolished to make way for modern development ventures, Stiebel’s legacy lives on within the beautifully maintained Devon House - a national monument declared in 1990 by the Jamaica National Heritage Trust. Many would be surprised, however, to learn that the early history of Devon House dates back to the mid-seventeenth century when Britain captured Jamaica from Spain.
Today, one can still find this piece of Jamaica's history in the heart of Kingston with its welcoming ornate fountains, and palm trees on the front lawn. The guided tours inside the 2 story property allow each guest to peruse the louvred balconies, Venetian crystal chandeliers, silk wall hangings and period reproductions of its time, and at the end of the Mansion tour, each guest receives a sweet surprise!
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- All Admission Fees
- Well-appointed Private air-conditioned vehicles
- English Speaking Driver/Guide
- Meals and Drinks
- Gratuity (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual, wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not Wheelchair accessible