Jamaica Swamp Safari Tour from Falmouth
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Falmouth, Jamaica
- Product code: P71NTK
A trip to the Jamaica Swamp Safari Village in Falmouth, Trelawny will put you in touch with the wonders of nature and animal life. Located in natural mangrove habitat, Jamaica Swamp Safari is home to over 30 of the endangered American Crocodile, the also endangered Jamaican Boa Constrictor (Yellow Snake), and the once thought extinct Jamaican Coney.
- Hotel/Port pick up & drop off
- A scenic drive into the Falmouth countryside
- Spend the time filled with adventure and fun off the beaten path
- Interact with crocodiles, snakes and other endemic animals
Your Jamaica Swamp Safari Tour begins with your pick up at your hotel lobby by your friendly driver. You will then ride in air-conditioned comfort to the Swamp Safari Village. Venture into Jamaica’s only walk-thru aviary to view several species of rare local birds. Take a guided tour and meet the many animals of the America’s on show such as the Capuchin Monkey, Collared Peccary, Grey Fox, Tayra, Mongoose, Raccoon, Agouti, Coatimundi and Green Iguanas. Get close up with ‘Jeremiah’ a 14 ft giant Crocodile and ‘Japeth’ his buddy and gaze at ‘Shakira’ a very impressive 18ft Anaconda. You will get the chance to observe crocodiles being called, fed & handled by our renowned crocodile handler "Buddy" and learn about the lore of Agent 007 and the famous crocodile-jumping scene in the James Bond film “Live & Let Die” which was shot on location here in 1972.
For lunch, enjoy delectable local cuisines such as Jerk chicken or pork with festivals at the Safari Jerk Restaurant and with a cold Red Stripe Beer or Tropical Fruit Punch from the Village Bar.
Before you go, browse through the Kananga House Gift Shop, named for the founder of the crocodile farm Ross Kananga who performed as Roger Moore’s stunt double in the James Bond film, and take home souvenirs to show off to all your friends back home.Included:
- Hotel/Port Pick up and Drop Off
- All Admission Fees
- Well appointed Air-conditioned vehicles
- English Speaking Driver/Guide and Tour Escort
- Meals and Drinks
- Gratuity (Optional)
- Wear comfortable clothing and closed shoes are suggested
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bring Cash/ Credit Card for food and souvenirs, Sunscreen and Insect Repellant
- Wheelchair-bound guests are welcome