Rio Grande Rafting Tour from Port Antonio
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Port Antonio, Jmaiaca
- Product code: PGTLNE
Visit the cradle of tourism in Jamaica, the home of “NATURALLY”, Port Antonio. Relax and let the natural beauty along the river banks bring peace to your mind and body.
- Private Hotel/Port pick up & drop off
- Scenic Bamboo Rafting Experience on the Rio Grande
- Complimentary lunch stop (Meals not included)
Rafting down the Rio Grande is another exciting outing and is said to have been started by Errol Flynn. Rio Grande Rafting offers 6 miles (10km) cruises on bamboo rafts for two, poled by expert raftsmen through spectacular scenery. The trip can take between two and three hours.
In the 1940s, Port Antonio's most notorious resident, movie idol Errol Flynn, arrived and began organizing raft races. The Earl of Mansfield later built the landing site, shops, and restaurant at Rafters Rest.
About 150 rafters operate on the river, and they follow the route traditionally taken by the Maroons, and later used to transport bananas to the sea. The Rafters Pavilion is at Rafters Rest at the mouth of the river and was built by the Earl of Mansfield.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional driver and guide
- Rafting fees
- Local taxes
- Meals and Drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual
- It is recommended that you bring cash, a camera, towels, water shoes, sunscreen and a swimsuit