Blue Mountain Peak Hiking Tour from Runaway Bay
- Duration: 24 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Runaway Bay, Jamaica
- Product code: PKVN13
Leave the busy Town behind and see the panoramic Blue Mountains on what promises to be a breathtaking experience.
- Hike to the peak of the world-famous Blue Mountain
- Panoramic views of the city of Kingston
- Family Friendly Experience
- Complimentary supermarket stop
At Portland Gap, you will have a few hours to rest in the cabins at the Ranger's Station before departing at 3:30 AM to hike The Blue Mountain Peak Trail which falls within the pristine, primary forest of the national park and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Above 2,000 metres, as you near the summit, the lush canopy gives way to an elfin forest; where trees and shrubs are stunted and gnarled due to high elevation exposure.
Arriving at the peak just before sunrise, you will be filled with awe as the beautiful scenery unfolds with the light and warmth of the sun. You can begin your hike back down to the cabins to rest and grab a bite to eat (meals and drinks not included) before departing at 12:00 noon for your return trip to your hotel.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- All Park and Hiking Fees
- Overnight Accommodation at Portland Gap
- English Speaking Mountain Tour Guide
- Meals and Drinks
- Gratuity (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not suitable for pregnant women or persons with back problems
- Dress code is smart casual, wear comfortable hiking/walking shoes and environmentally friendly insect repellant
- Bring Snacks, Liquid refreshments/water, Change of Clothes, extra socks, a Warm Jacket and Raincoat
- Not Wheelchair accessible