Flavors of Jamaica Food Tour from Falmouth
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Falmouth, Jamaica
- Product code: PTEN5J
Experience a taste of Jamaica’s renowned flavors through learning to prepare one of it’s many cultural and culinary delights!
- Visit to the historic Prospect Plantation & its Great House
- Authentic Jamaican cuisine cooking lesson with a talented chef
- Lunch of jerk chicken, callaloo & coconut shrimp rundown
- Journey into beautiful gardens of the Prospect Plantation Estate
This Jamaican experience sets off with your pick-up from your hotel as you are driven in comfort to the scenic Prospect Estate in the Parish of St. Mary. After checking in, your first experience takes you on an open-air carriage, where you will be hosted by the friendliest and most knowledgeable staff. Explore the 1,000 acre property full of lush gardens and homegrown local crops and as you wander through the land, be witness to the breathtaking bird aviary, where exotic and local birds fly overhead.
Jamaica is home to a variety of exotic flavors and distinct cooking methods, and this culinary experience presents a unique opportunity to get a taste of the island's food culture. You will explore the plantation's vibrant tropical gardens before visiting the Great House, where chef Irie will show you how to cook up a few delicious staples of Jamaican cuisine including jerk chicken, steamed callaloo, and coconut shrimp rundown.
After a satisfying lunch that you have prepared, enjoy some sightseeing of the great house before going on a comfortable ride back to your hotel.
- Hotel pick up and drop off - shared
- All Admission Fees
- Well-appointed air-conditioned vehicles
- Professional Chauffeur'
- Meals and Drinks
- Gratuity (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual (comfortable walking shoes recommended)
- Not recommended for pregnant women in their first trimester