Jamaica's Capital, Kingston Tour from Ocho Rios
- Duration : 7 Hours (approx.)
- Product code : PD1NU1
(Available Monday - Saturdays)
Experience a taste of Jamaica’s Capital City on this day tour from Ocho Rios. Journey along lush vegetation, mountains and rivers as we make our way to the Capital City - the melting pot of Jamaica's heritage, culture and culinary delights.
- All day sightseeing trip to Kingston from Ocho Rios
- Travel along Jamaica's scenic interior and local communities to Kingston
- Immerse in the history, culture and heritage of the Island's busiest city.
- Visit the best Kingston attractions, including the Georgian Architecture and the City's craft market.
- Learn about the life and music of Jamaica’s reggae legend at the Bob Marley Museum
- Enjoy the early 19th-century Jamaican mansion at Devon House
- Have lunch like the locals
Visit Bob Marley Museum and Devon House on a one day sightseeing tour of Kingston.
Start with a pickup from your Ocho Rios hotel. Get on board your air-conditioned vehicle and travel pass lush vegetation, local communities and rich Georgian architecture enroute to Kingston.
Journey through Fern Gully, a 3-mile (5-kilometer) road where hundreds of ferns of different variety form a canopy of tropical greenery over the once old river course, now a main road. Traverse meandering highways up Mount Diablo and admire the scenic views below.
On your approach to Kingston, you will pass through Spanish Town, Jamaica's old capital, where you will see the oldest bridge in the Caribbean as well as Spanish buildings and their ruins. Then, nestled below the Blue Mountain Range you will find Kingston which stretches to Kingston Harbour - the seventh deepest natural harbour in the world.
Relax and enjoy the best Kingston attractions and learn about the culture, history and heritage. See the historic buildings and Simon Bolivar statue in Downtown, and observe Jamaicans go about their daily activities in the streets and markets.
Stop at Devon House, a mansion built by Jamaica’s first black millionaire in 1881.
Stop for lunch at a local eatery or restaurant where you can choose from a range Jamaican meals (meals not included). After Lunch visit the Bob Marley Museum, site of the musician’s former home, and take a guided tour of the house that charted his life to become the reggae legend. This museum was even the US President's first stop when he arrived in Jamaica.
Enjoy the comfortable drive back to end your trip at your Hotel.
Note: the order of activities may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
- Private Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Visit to Devon House
- Visit to Bob Marley Museum
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)